BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Martes, Marso 8, 2011

Death

August 2, 2004 was the day when he left me. It’s been five years since then. His death makes me wonder why we have to leave our love ones and the world where we are living. I’m only twelve years old then. He served me as my best friend and my boyfriend.
During his burial, we celebrated his 70th birthday. It was August 7. Before he left, I prepared a perfect birthday celebration for him using my allowances. I also prepared a letter. I wrote there all our funny moments shared together-drinking coffee during noon, sitting beside the braces of our hanging bridge, making some noise during siesta hours and riding on his carabao. And that letter was read in front of his coffin and beside my parents.
He changed my life. Since his death, I never tried again to drink coffee even in the morning and noon, to sit beside the braces of our hanging bridge, to ride on a carabao, and just sleep alone during siesta hours.
My grandfather’s death was the hardest thing to accept that time. But as time goes on, I tried to accept the truth of life-that nothing is permanent in this world. Even I’m a grandfather’s girl, I learn how to face the world without him physically but I know, he’s always beside me spiritually and mentally.

0 (mga) komento: